Thursday, September 8, 2016

Barce-a-stone-a

Today, we looked at architecture!  (It sounds more boring than it actually is.  I swear.  Just hang in there, buddies.)

Everywhere you go in Barcelona, the structures are unbelievable, and they have been around since the early 1100's.  Also, I didn't pay attention to any of the information given to me during any of the tours.  So my facts may be a little off.

Anyway, we wandered around and found the Gaudi museum...



...which we did not go into.

Instead, we went to the Gaudi-designed Casa Batllo...





...which was simply astonishing...


...and not at all a place to do bits.



Everyone was mesmerized by the incredible design of this one-of-a-kind building.



Well, nearly everyone...



The place was amazing, and photos don't really do it justice.  But here are some anyway.  Don't worry, there's more interesting stuff coming up after them.  Just stick with it, ok?  OK.


The Spiral Chandelier made me feel right at home.

This thing...am I right?

The Monty Hall


OK, hi.  After the tour of the house, Donna and I were wandering the streets like derelicts and came upon an old stone gigantic church.




Donna wanted to go inside but was literally shooed away for not being dressed properly.




Thanks, Pope.

Because we were mad at Jesus (he started it!) Donna decided that we should go into a sinner's den:


Yes, we went into a monument to weed.



Here, you could learn about the history of weed and it's medicinal values....


.
..or simply look at pictures of weed, if that's more your style...



...which, I suspect, might be the case, if you're going into a weed museum.

Another option is to roam around like idiots.





Obviously, we chose the latter.



The museum highlights the times when weed was featured in a work of art...






..or in pop culture...



...as well as display dedicated to the anti-weed movement.

More like Mari-DONNA Girl...Am I right?

More like NOPED Youth... Am I STILL right?


I've got nothin.

And for the record-- these messages al totallyl worked on me, for I have never smoked weed in my entire life...

But I still have the paranoia down, because I'm pretty sure this dude was watching me the entire time I was in there.


And also I felt a presence behind me every time I sat down...



...but otherwise, it was great.

Speaking of the perils of weed...my sister spent most of the day convinced that today was her only full day in Barcelona.  Therefore, I spent most of my day convinced of this as well.  After all, she did plan this entire trip.

But, it has since come to our attention that we don't actually leave Barcelona until Saturday.

And so, we have more Barcelona to come.  I'm sure you're thrilled.


3 comments:

  1. I have not met you yet, but I love you! You are hilarious! Tell Donna to get high, I mean tell Donna Hi from Deborah.

    ReplyDelete