Monday, September 12, 2016

Heads Up, Madrid!

Donna and I took a lovely train out of Barcelona and into Madrid.  Since we are veryfancy™ we booked ourselves into the first class compartment.

More like first ass.  #AmIRight?


Obviously, we don't want to be with any of the riff-raff.  Of course, as I got up to get some snacks, I was treated with this nightmare sitting just a few rows away:


And so went all of my hopes for a restful, nap-filled train ride.  

I spent most of the 3+ Hours trying to figure out how that thing got on the train, and where it's luggage was.  (I assumed it was carrying a lot of murder weapons.  Because look at it.)

Anyway, once Donna and I ran screaming from the train station, we were stunned into silence by the sight of two big fat baby heads sitting there, as if that was ok.


Seriously.

I approached one cautiously to try and see what the crap was going on.  Unfortunately I may have gotten a little too close.






Luckily, I fought my way out of this predicament...


...and Donna and I were able to get to our AirBNB relatively quickly.  Too quickly, in fact, for the surly cab driver, who was clearly hoping for a destination more than six blocks away.  

For the record, we would have walked had we realized that the place was six blocks away...but baby heads were harassing us and we had to make a quick getaway.  So stop judging us.

After check in, our newest Spain in the Ass travel companion joined us fresh off his flight all the way from Taiwan: John!




John has a lot of energy...



And hadn't seen Donna in nearly four years...


...and for a while, Donna couldn't see anything, which was unfortunate, since she really wanted to explore Madrid.  Luckily there's a specialty store in Madrid for spare DonnaParts...


...so we were able to get her back up and running in no time.

Once everyone (except John) calmed down, we started wandering throughout the city, taking in the sights...




Too late!

...and, of course, tasting the local cuisine.  One of my favorite parts of traveling is exploring new, delicious fare that you just can't get anywhere else.


On the left is a Kit-Kat donut, with delightful chocolate inside...


...and on the right, a Chips Ahoy donut, with cookie crumbles on top.  #MadridFood

We also wanted to check out the safety precautions in the city, since I am in constant peril...

Now you can put out fires AND be terrifying all at once!

The evening ended with both Donna and John passing out early, and me wandering the streets of Madrid alone, heading to a bar.  This was the men's room door sign:


So obviously, I'm doing great!

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment