Friday, September 9, 2016

Chocolate Trip

Today, for our final full day in Barcelona, sis and I took a pretty epic hike up to Park Güell to see some more Gaudi-ness.   Six miles (Or eleventy hundred kilògramëters, since we are on the mètríç systèm...) proved to be quite a task for us!  There was even a hill!!!

Luckily, on our way, we were able to find some energy--and education--at the Museu de la Xocolata...




AKA, the Museum of Chocolate!





Inside, I was hoping for a Willy Wonka-esque experience, but instead we were treated with many terrifying sculptures made of chocolate...



...which Donna fell in love with.  


Soon, I fell victim to chocolate's irresistible spell.   I started to feel the urge to just eat it, even though some of it was clearly outdated.




Inside the museum, there was also some history or something...


I don't know who these guys are.  Perhaps a chocolate version of Snap, Crackle & Pop?  


...which I did not pay attention to because I was blind with chico-cravings.  I knew the only thing that could satisfy me was to get that magical flavor inside of me as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Even the chocolate Jesus looked delicious!



#Amen

And don't even get me started on the Star Wars display!









So as soon as I could, I rushed out to get a chocolate croissant and a "cold chocolate" beverage.


And while I didn't get to suffer a Willy Wonka-style perish, I did expand and turn purple after downing the delicious drink in record time.




Luckily, the sugar high was enough to propel Donna and I the rest of the million Eurograms™up to the park, although Donna perished a little and made us stop in a church so she could beg for forgiveness for her wicked ways...


...or maybe to just buy some trinkets...


I'll be honest, the chocolate high was wearing off and I'm not totally sure what we were doing there.  Or what these things were doing there:





But we left without incident...



...for the most part.

Anyway, up to the Park we went, where, as Donna pointed out, it was like walking into something out of a Dr. Seuss book.



To celebrate that fact, I will be rhyming the rest of this post.  You're welcome.

*Ahem*

Donna and Jeff went to the park...


...where they went to see structures on a lark.





Donna wanted to see a the Gaudi Wall...




...and a good time was had by all.




Though sometimes the pair were in dangers...



...they didn't perish or become strangers.




This poem has turned out to be a dumb thing...



...so we're done here.  Or something.



2 comments: