Tuesday, September 6, 2016

¡HOLA!

Hi!

Jeff here, about to embark on another international journey of drunken ridiculousness! This time, it's a family affair, with my sister Donna and some of her friends bouncing in and out of this mess of a trip.

Donna has been planning this trip for a million years, and I'm simply tagging along to observe, mock and drink about it.  Think of this as a blog-u-mentary.

(Except don't do that at all, because that's just dumb.)

As usual, naming the blog is just as big an adventure as the actual blog... often with just as much booze.


Anyway, there were a few early contenders, none of which had the pizzazz of Spain in the Ass.

Things like "Spain-cation" and "Spain-al Probe" just weren't cutting it, especially since we aren't just going to Spain--we're heading to Portugal as well!  But, as it turns out, Portugal isn't super-easy to incorporate into a clever or creative title, so we were left with things like this:



Not the catchiest of names.  Also, Portugal doesn't really lend itself to a lot of puns, either.  


Like...that literally makes no sense.  Of course, neither does this one, really...




But Donna does love horror, so it was worth a shot.  Also worth a shot:


But eventually, common sense prevailed, and we were left with Spain in the Ass.  The only discussion now:  How to visualize that.  

Growing up, our parents had a giant velvet painting of a matador hanging above the sofa in the living room.  Looking back at it as an adult, I'm struck by just how much man-ass there was in my every day life. I literally would stare at it for hours on end.  But that's a discussion best left for my therapist. 

Anyway, we briefly considered using it as part of the graphic:


But I wanted something a little more attention-grabbing...


...but my sister was SUPER not into this.  I'm not sure if it was the blood, or what.  Whatever.

Either way, I'm in Barcelona now.  And since Donna and her friend Val were stuck in the ongoing issue with British Airways' massive outage...

...it looks like I may get to nap!  Lame?  Maybe...but I've just spent 17 hours traveling.  So, screw off.  Also, did I mention Val was on the news?  


...because she was totally on the news.

As for me?  I'll be on the SNOOZE.

...or something.

Seriously.  So tired.

And they gave me champagne when I checked into the hotel.  I CAN'T HELP IT.  I'M DELIRIOUS.  






4 comments:

  1. Yay I always love your travel blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffy, you got some Spainin' to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoiks! That flight left a little late! Scheduled at 8:40 pm; actually departed at 2:12 am

    Here's hoping the connection to Barcelona happens this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Winona Ryder?
    How bout Portogaul...

    ReplyDelete